Thursday, July 8, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge Week 2

This is a project I've had in my head ever since my dad passed away a year ago, so i'm happy to finally have it on paper and out of my head. The Compendium of Curiosities Challenge for week 2 is to use a fragment in your design....I have used mine to highlight my Dad's nickname "Coddie".
If you are interested in playing along, hop on over to see Linda at Studiol3.blogspot.com and join in the fun.
The story behind my Dad's nickname goes something like this. When Dad's baby brother Harold was born, my grandparents asked little Carl what they should name his brother and he said "let's call him Coddie"! No one knows where it came from or why but it stuck like glue to my dad instead. Harold, on the other hand, later became known as Taters....and I don't know the story of that at all.
I sure do miss Coddie...i hope he approves of his "tribute" tag. Love u daddy.

2 comments:

  1. I love the story about your Dad, Chrissie! I bet he's smiling down on you, loving this beautiful tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so touching. And a little bit funny.

    ReplyDelete