Sunday, August 15, 2010

Stampaway USA 2010

I attended the Stampaway Convention yesterday and walked and walked and walked for miles marveling at all the amazing products and artists in this industry. I saw a few familiar faces, like Judi Watanabe, Paula Best, MaryJo McGraw, and I searched in vain for Jennifer McGuire (I guess she wasn't demo-ing anywhere because I asked around!). Anyway, so.....the highlight would have to be finally "meeting" the stamping GOD that is T!m Holtz. I didn't actually get a chance to talk with him, but I did manage to get a couple copies of his CofC book signed for myself and my sister. He is so gracious and so personable...I'm not sure he took many breaks and he just kept churning out beautiful piece after beautiful piece and all with a smile. I just didn't have the nerve to initiate an introduction, but I did talk briefly with Mario who is just as nice as I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment