Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge Week 16

Wrinkle free distress - This is this weeks challenge at Linda's fabulous blog....not my favorite technique (more my fault because i don't seem to do it well than the fault of the technique iteself). I chose to use it on my leaves (although i'm sure you can barely tell). I added veins using the tea dye distress ink with a paintbrush. Then I sprayed them with Copper glimmer mist (love a little shine/sparkle).

I am frantically trying to finish packing and all my other little creative chores before leaving on a jet plane for the very long anticipated retreat at Club Scrap. My sister and I are meeting up at Chicago and flying the next leg together. CAN'T WAIT.

The Gala dinner is 20's Gatsby themed, so I found this hat at a thrift store and made these paper flowers & leaves to match my dress (maybe a pic of that will find it's way here eventually). This will be a sneak preview for anyone who will be there and also happens to view this blog (that's probably just one other person!). The papers are (of course) from Club Scrap. The green leaves are from the Castaway kit and the flowers are from a kit I have called Road Trip. All were cut on my Silhouette and sprayed with Pearl Glimmer Mist

Hope you are having a great day. I'm so excited i can hardly stand myself, so i must rush off to prepare for much fun.

3 comments:

  1. nice hat ! enjoy your Club Scrap!
    xxx Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie, what a great idea to create this darling hat for the Club Scrap gala! I think the wrinkle-free distress looks great on the little leaves, and the blue flower is so pretty. You're going to be the Belle of the Ball!

    I hope you have a wonderful time, and I can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete