Sunday, January 2, 2011

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge Week 25 AND.... T!m's 12 Tags of Christmas - Day 9


The 25th challenge on Studio L3 is one called scribble stain distress. I'm was not at all familiar with this, so I had to carefully read page 34 of T!m's book. I have chosen to combine this 25th challenge, with T!m's 12 tags of Christmas Day 9 (yes, I'm still working on that project, lol)

There are so many things going on here, but i'll try to capture as many details as possible:
Technique done on a full 8.5x11 sheet of Club Scrap paper from the Bugs collection (just a nice off white color). Then I ironed it and I ran it through my printer to put the words and music to John Lennon's Imagine on it. I cut the pieces to fit my photo block and then I started blinging things up a bit. Added rhinestones to a peace sign stamp from a Recollections stamp set called Feelin' Groovy. I cut the peace dove and the treble clef on my silhouette and then inked them with Dusty Concord distress ink and sprayed with pearl glimmer mist. The Rosette is made with an amazing Club Scrap paper from the Time & Space kit and edged with gold glitter. I typed up a lyric of the song and printed it on a bracket I cut with the Silhouette. Also, there are dots of bisque liquid pearls along the bottom of each side.


2 comments:

  1. WOW! Chrissie, this is spectacular! Not only is it a gorgeous use of the scribble stain distress technique, it's truly a fabulous work of art! Everything about it, from the beautiful John Lennon song to the ingenious rosette to the sweet embellishments, is perfectly chosen and brilliantly used. Bravo, girlfriend-- you knocked this right out of the park!

    ReplyDelete