Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

This past Wednesday, June 12, 2013 marked 4 years since I lost the first man I ever loved....my Daddy. I was quite sick on the anniversary and so I wasn't able to properly honor the day, so I'm taking the opportunity of Father's Day to do so. 
The image below is a scan of a photo taken in 1996 (pre-digital) and though the quality is not great, the emotion it conjures is. I simply cannot find the words to express how much I adored this man and how much I miss him every single day. Below is an excerpt from my blog post last June 12, and I think it bears repeating.


If you are fortunate enough to still have your Dad, or a Dad in your life, hug them often and be sure they know how much you love them; you'll be glad you did when they are no longer around.

I'll leave you with a verse to a song that he often sang for no particular reason:

A Bushel And A Peck

I love you a bushel and a peck

A bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck

A hug around the neck and a barrel and a heap

A barrel and a heap and I'm talkin' in my sleep

About you, about you

'Cause I love you a bushel and a peck

You bet your purdy neck I do.

Happy Father's Day, Daddy.

3 comments:

  1. He was a sweetie! Miss him much, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful photo and post, he raised two wonderful daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so sweet...the photo and what you have said. I'm sure he knew how much you loved him also. My dad has been gone for 10 years and a day doesn't go by without a memory that makes me smile. And the great thing is we both knew how much we were loved by each other.

    Thanks for sharing this Chrissie.

    And ditto what Nancy said.

    ReplyDelete