Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop - Day 6

Masking and ghost stamping:

Well, i honestly didn't do either masking or "ghost stamping" on this project, but i was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's card which i can't show you since it's part of the class materials. I'll describe it instead :). It was a white snowy hills landscape with a gorgeous star filled sky that was done with distress inks and stamps. It reminded me of this card that I pinned recently so I went to work on my interpretation. I felt this endeavor was better suited for an art piece than a card (although one could argue that Jennifer's cards are art pieces in and of themselves!).

This Cincinnati skyline was created in Silhouette Studio software by my wonderful sister and it's taken from a photo she took while visiting for use on this scrapbook page. I'm not sure if that link will work. Anyhoo, I cut one from black paper and one from a grey to create the illusion of the buildings reflecting on the Ohio river. I inked the base piece with Worn Lipstick and Dusty Concord Distress inks and i flicked watered down Metallic Pearl paint to create stars...the cutout stars are backed with silver paper from Club Scrap's culinary kit and i spritzed the entire background w/Perfect Pearls & water.

For the transparency overlay, I just created that on my computer and printed it to fit. I think it will look quite nice hanging somewhere in my house for the holidays. I couldn't get rid of the glare for the photo :(.


3 comments:

  1. WOW - that is amazing and will look fantastic displayed during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. It looks like a holy night in Cincinnati. Great concept. Good out of the box thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O.M.G! This is jaw-dropping-amazing. I am so glad you made it an art piece and hope it will be hanging prominently where you can bask in it's fabulousness.

    ReplyDelete