Sunday, December 12, 2010

T!m's 12 Tags of Christmas - Day 7


I did another door hanger. I've said it before, but I have a tough time doing art, just for the sake of art, so I always feel like it has to have a function. Also, I've slowed waaaaaay down on my production due to getting ready for a final exam and prepping a final paper/presentation.

This shape is slightly different from the last and I've used paper from Club Scrap's Arts 'N Crafts collection for the base. For the JOYFUL letters, i've used a combination of thickers and grunge board letters which I inked with DI's and stamped with the Dreamy Collage wood mount stamp from Club Scrap's Expressions kit.

I made my own sticky back canvas...works like a charm. I just used some inexpensive duck/canvas (you can also just buy a drop cloth from the hardware store) cut it into manageable lengths and run it thru the xyron.Additionally, I don't have the color wash, but I just mixed some of my distress ink re-inkers into my mini mister with water and it sprayed beautifully on the homemade sticky back canvas....probably could add a little perfect pearl and you'd have it all in one mister, but I opted to then spray with a glimmer mist. I then hand cut my poinsettia petals and leaves. I've used the rays embossing folder and covered that area with Rock Candy Stickles which caused some of the red to bleed off onto the paper, but oh well, there are no mistakes in art, right?

3 comments:

  1. Loving all your door hangers Chrissie. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this door hanger. Your poinsettia is beautiful and the rays are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea, Chrissie! I love the door hanger design, and the poinsettia and Rays background are stunning together. I love how you used the items you had on hand to create such a gorgeous version of the tag. The Rock Candy looks great on the embosssing!

    I'm sure you're going to ace your final exam, and I hope your Christmas is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete