Tuesday, December 28, 2010

T!m's 12 Tags of Christmas - Day 8

Here is my Day 8 creation (for lack of a better term)...it's certainly not a tag!

This is a lovely votive lantern thingamajig. The base of this is started life as a zen garden from Dollar Tree...to which i added 3 battery powered votive candles from dollar tree. the lantern shade is made from the most beautiful sheet of pearly white paper from the newest Club Scrap collection called Vogue which has been stamped with Brilliance Starlite Silver and Club Scrap's own white pigment ink pad in swirls (unknown) and sparkles (Club scrap).

The row of houses and sleigh & reindeer were cut with my Silhouette out of an old piece of Club Scrap paper from the Bugs collection and inked with Pine Needles & Barn Door. The reindeer are stamped with the poem "twas the night before Christmas". The Sky's The Limit! is a stencil from the Club Scrap kit called wings. The houses are topped with White Opal perfect pearl and sprinkled with ultra fine glitter and also sprayed with English Ivy glimmer mist.

The clock/moon is exactly that. Both images were downloaded from the internet and overlaid in photoshop. I printed the combined image onto transparency and adhered to another piece of the pearly paper which was inked with Mustard Seed DI.

I think it took me longer to type this description than it did to do the actual piece. Onto day 9!

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS AWESOME!!! I swear Chrissie, we are cut from the same cloth. I also made an altered version of this project! Now that Christmas is over I can post it. :)

    ReplyDelete